Friday, 21 November 2014

Week 11

  • This weeks post is going to be sort of short considering there was no class on Monday. So it may not be the longest one. So we have started doing algorithms and computability. This is really confusing to me really. I don't really understand how this has to do with like proofs a stuff yet but we'll see. I got into class and saw the halting problems being explained and I was like, "WHHAAAAAATTT!!". It's got its moments of clarity but I just don't get the premise of it.


  • So we looked at the collatz code and Danny said that for years mathematicians had been stumped over how to show the code halts for every natural number n. He said they had been able to check that the code halts on very n to a particular point but cannot know yet if it halts for every input. Then we talked about computability and what we can call a finite set. First the set has to be 1 to 1, which means for every x value there should exist one y value. And the set has to onto which means each x must have at least one y value.
 
  • Lastly, Assignment 3 is out and I'm getting on my grind for that. I'm pretty screwed for this one I think. but "Fingers Crossed".

No comments:

Post a Comment