Friday, 14 November 2014

Week 10

  • So we are almost done with this half. And the plot thickens. So we have started going deeper into Big-Oh and Big- Omega. I learned that when dealing with Big-Oh you under-estimate the second function and overestimate the first function to try and find a relationship. That process will also help you find your c . We are meant to consider a c large enough to make the second function an upper bound for Big-oh, and then for Big-Omega we are meant to consider a c small enough to make the second function a lower bound. All pretty basic stuff I guess. My TA did a good job of explaining this topic I think, it was very well taught. Here's an Example of a question I solved


  • I guess the trick is to first understand the graph and decide if its true or false. That's the hardest part for me. First I have to imagine the graph in my head and then decide if its true or false. then I always think about what exactly to write in the comments sometimes. I hope I get the basics soon enough though. No class next Monday so party weekend guys. 

1 comment:

  1. Trying to understand the graph and decide if it's true or false is the hardest part for me too! Especially since if you decide wrong, you get 0% for proving an untrue statement ):

    ReplyDelete